- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the www.christopherward.co.uk and the www.christopherward.com websites. Christopher Ward (London) Limited (‘Christopher Ward’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) provide the services available on these websites. By using any part of these websites, completing your customer registration details with us and/or placing an order or requesting a catalogue or entering a competition on either website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should note these terms and conditions can potentially change at any time, and it is up to you to check the terms and conditions regularly before ordering any products or other services in case there have been any changes. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set our below, you should not use or access any of these websites.
If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please contact our customer services team at email@example.com or on 01628 763 040, (for US customers 1.877.226.8224) before placing an order.
To be eligible to purchase goods or services on either website or to lawfully enter into and form contacts on either website you must:
- Register to use the website.
- Be the holder of a valid debit/credit card or PayPal account.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide is true, accurate and current in all respects. If your personal information changes then please notify us immediately by contacting customer services on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01628 763 040 (US customers 1.877.226.8224).
AGE LIMIT FOR USING THIS WEBSITE
If you are under the age of eighteen years you are not able to place an order or register to receive a catalogue or newsletter. If you are under the age of eighteen, you may only use this site with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian.
You agree that if you break these terms and conditions, or any liabilities incurred arising out of your use of these websites, you will be responsible for the costs and expenses that we or our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers incur as a result of the breach, including reasonable legal fees(if applicable). You will remain liable if someone else uses your account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
Your contact for purchases made through www.christopherward.co.uk and www.christopherward.com or through telephone or in writing is with Christopher Ward (London) Limited and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use and are not for resale.
All prices indicated for products and services available via www.christopherward.co.uk are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are stated in £sterling. These are exclusive of delivery charges. The total cost of your order is the price of the products and services ordered (less any promotional discount, if applicable) and the delivery charges as set out in the Deliveries section of this website.
Where the order is for a delivery address outside the European Community (EC) such VAT will not apply.
We reserve the right to apply VAT on orders that have a delivery address within the European Community (EC) at the time of despatch.
All prices indicated for products and services available via www.christopherward.com are stated in US$. These are exclusive of delivery charges.
PROMOTIONAL OFFER CODES
We may, from time to time, as part of a promotion or for other reasons, publish offer codes e.g. money or percentages off certain of our products or the value of your shopping basket. Unless specified, these codes will solely relate to the subject of a particular promotion and are not available to be used in conjunction with any other offer, price reduction or in respect of sale, clearance, nearly new or archive items and will not apply to postage and packaging charges.
The codes will only be valid from the specified start and end date. No codes will be valid for retrospective use.
To read more about these please click on the appropriate links above.
We accept most major credit/debit cards. Namely Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Delta and Maestro. In addition you can also pay by PayPal.
All credit and debit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
You confirm that the credit or debit card or PayPal account that is being used is yours.
Your payment card is only debited once an item has been despatched.
PAYMENT CARD VALIDATION
One of the primary methods of payment card validation is by using the Card Validation Code (CVC) which is made up of the three last numbers of the code contained on the reverse of your credit or debit card. The Card Validation Code is an authentication scheme which gives you added security against the fraudulent use of the card.
From time to time we offer watches for sale prior to release. You can place an order for any of these in the same way you would order anything else. We will not charge your credit or debit card until the watch is despatched to you.
The estimated delivery date that is shown when you pre-order is the best available date know to us . In the unlikely event that this date changes to a later date we will contact you by e-mail and you will be given the option to continue with or cancel the order.
We will deliver goods in accordance with the delivery option selected by you during the order process. The delivery period stated within which you receive your order is approximate. We try to maintain excellent stock levels but sometimes demand, particularly on new models and items subject to promotional offers, can take us by surprise and products become unavailable. If this is the case we will tell you as soon as possible and keep you updated as to your order status.
Products will be sent to the address given by you in your order. If you are ordering more than one item, your goods may be sent to you in instalments if certain items are out of stock. We will contact you to give you the option of receiving in instalments or waiting for the complete order.
If your delivery address is outside the United Kingdom, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which is levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Please note that customs policies vary from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
Please note international shipments may, from time to time, be subject to cross border inspections by customs authorities.
The legal title to the goods and the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery of the goods.
To read more about these please click on the appropriate link above.
OUR EMAIL POLICIES
We will send you e-mail relating to your account which will include order confirmations, renewal/expiration notices, despatch updates and credit card problem notifications.
In addition we will send you regular e-mail newsletters relating to new product releases or our latest offers. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions located towards the bottom of each newsletter.
COMPETITIONS, PRIZE DRAWS AND PRIZES
The following rules apply to all Christopher Ward (London) Limited (the Company) promotions including free draws, pay-to-enter prize draws, prize Competitions and instant win offers (the ‘Competition/s’).
1. From time to time we also run Competitions on this website, at outside events or via our catalogue, which may be subject to additional terms and conditions. In these cases, they will be made available at the time.
2. For the avoidance of any doubt, where a Competition states FREE PRIZE DRAW, or unless the Competition specifically states that there is a cost, sale or requirement to entry, the Competition will be deemed as being NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
3. In the case of a prize draw where a purchase, whether this is to buy or a pre-order to buy, is required then entry to this type of Competition will only be valid where a legitimate purchase has been made and will be on a one purchase per person basis.
5. The Competitions are conducted by ourselves, unless where specified.
6. Competitions are only open to all individuals who are aged 18 years or over. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
7. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered. Where the prize involves attending an event, transport to and from the event will only be included to the extent specified within the package which is being offered as part of the competition.
8. We will provide the prize, as specified, to the winning entrant. In the unlikely event the item is not available, we reserve the right to substitute any prize for another prize of equal value.
9. Competition winners will be randomly selected from the entries received, unless otherwise stated in the promotional material accompanying a Competition.
10. Only one entry per person, with the exception of those requiring a purchase which will be governed by 3 above. Entries cannot be returned. We do not accept responsibility for lost entries through technical fault. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt. We do not accept incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Entries in the incorrect format, spammers and entries received by bulk will be disqualified. We shall be permitted to exclude any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
11. We will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the competition, unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering any competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal details by ourselves for the purposes of the administration of the competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. Competitions are not open to employees of the Company and their immediate families, together with those of any marketing agency and anyone else who may have been used by us in the creation and administration of the Competition.
13. By entering any competition, the winners agree to take part in any reasonable post event publicity and the use of their names, and any photographs provided by them, in such publicity.
14. In the event of any Instagram, Facebook or other social media competitions, where the use of images is used, the entrant:
- may submit as many entries as they wish but no entrant may win more than one prize.
- by entering the competition confirms that his/her entry is their wholly owned creation and, to the extent that such entry makes use of any third party materials, that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep ourselves harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or the proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to Christopher Ward London Limited a perpetual, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented. Each entrant undertakes to complete any documentation to formalise the licence. If you do not want to grant these rights, please so not submit the images to us.
- confirms that anyone depicted in an entry has given their permission for the inclusion of their image in the entry and the use of the entry including their image by the entrant and ourselves.
- we reserve the to decline any entries where we deem the image to be offensive or inappropriate or defame any person who is living or deceased.
- entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means or means which subvert the entry process will not be valid.
SUGGESTIONS, SUBMISSIONS, IDEAS AND TESTIMONIALS
We welcome enquiries and feedback on the products and services you use or might like to purchase; however, whilst this is always appreciated we reserve the right to decline any unsolicited suggestions and ideas. Notwithstanding this policy, any suggestions and ideas, any enquiries, any testimonials, feedbacks, suggestions, ideas or other information you provide us (collectively,’ Submissions’) will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libellous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
In addition to all remedies that we may have at law or in equity, if we reasonably determine you have violated or likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, we may take any action we reasonably deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including the immediate removal from either website of the related materials.
THIRD PARTY INFORMATION
We cannot be held responsible for material held on third party websites or any other written material. The only prices that apply for Christopher Ward (London) Limited products are those stated our material. We cannot vouch for the reliability of prices stated on shopping directories or, otherwise, through any other third party material.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
'Christopher Ward’ is a registered trademark of Christopher Ward (London) Limited
Certain other trademarks, trade names, services marks and logos used or displayed on this website are registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of Christopher Ward (London) Limited. Other trademarks, trade names and service marks used and displayed on this website are the registered trademarks, trade names and service marks of their respective owners. Nothing contained on this website grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppels, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, services marks or logos displayed on this website without our written permission or the written permission of such third party owner.
All rights including without limitation copyright, designs, pictures, logos, photography, text and trademark rights, in the content of the www.christopherward.co.uk and the www.christopherward.com web pages are owned and controlled by Christopher Ward (London) Limited.
You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of www.christopherward.co.uk and the www.christopherward.com web pages for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written approval of Christopher Ward (London) Limited.
We do not accept any liability(except as shown below) for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications of listed goods, products and services at any time, without notice.
If an error is discovered in the price of goods or services that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We will be under no obligation to fulfil and order for a product or service that was advertised at the incorrect price. In the event that you order an item and the price published either website is incorrect for any reason, we will e-mail you to inform you that we have not accepted the order and that your order has been cancelled. You may re-order it if you wish. In the unlikely event that you have paid for the goods or services, in the circumstances described in this clause, we will refund you as soon as practicable. Should you choose to re-order at the correct price, a separate transaction will be posted to your credit card.
In the unlikely event that you receive goods or services which are different to what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are a different quantity to that stated when you placed your order, we shall make good any shortage or non delivery (subject to availability), repair or replace any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question. This must be notified to us within 60 days either in writing or by e-mail to the addresses provided in the relevant procedures or guarantees. Please refer to the Returns and 60:60 Guarantee sections of our website.
We have taken every measure to provide accurate product images for each product for sale on the site. However, due to a number of different factors such as Internet browsers, monitor colour contrasts etc, we cannot be held responsible or liable for any differences in the colour of the image or the actual product.
The products sold on www.christopherward.co.uk and www.christopherward.com are provided for domestic and consumer use. We do not accept any liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from any claims of third parties arising out of the use of the site or for any products or services purchased from www.christopherward.co.uk or www.christopherward.com.
We have taken every measure to prevent internet fraud and ensure that any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
We have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products or services ordered by you or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and other similar events.
We make no warranty that either website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that either site or the server that makes it available are free from viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of either website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted though either website.
We will not be liable in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or Anticipated savings)
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation;
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the terms and conditions.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Our total liability for any claim howsoever arising shall not exceed the purchase price for the goods supplied by us to the customer, together with any postage costs incurred. We shall not be liable for any injury (other than death or personal injury) damage or loss, including consequential customer loss whether this arises from a breach of duty of contract or in any other way. Christopher Ward (London) Limited cannot accept any liability for a failure to comply with a specific instruction contained in the catalogue or this website. Customer’s statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees.
We assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this website or your downloading of any of the materials, from this website. In no event will we, our respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, affiliates, agents, successors, assigns nor any party involved in the creation, production or transmission of this website be liable to any party for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages(including without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of this website, any websites linked to this website, or the materials, information or services contained at any or all such websites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations of liability do not apply to the extent prohibited by law.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or the other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties.
WEEE REGULATIONS AND FREE TAKE BACK
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is now UK law. The legislation aims to make producers pay for the collection, treatment and recovery of waste electrical equipment. The regulations also mean that suppliers of equipment like high street shops and internet retailers must allow consumers to return their waste equipment free of charge.
The amount of WEEE we throw away is increasing by around 5% each year, making it the fastest growing waste stream in the UK.
Much of the UK's WEEE ends up in landfill, where the lead and other toxins it contains can cause soil and water contamination. This can have a harmful effect on natural habitat, wildlife and also human health.
Many electrical items that we throw away can be repaired or recycled. Recycling items helps to save our natural finite resources and also reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill.
Distributors of new Electric and Electronic Equipment (EEE) have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
Christopher Ward (London) Limited is obliged under these regulations to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new Electrical or Electronic product from us.
In our case this applies to watches containing a quartz movement which are fitted to a battery and watch winders (WEEE items).
For example, if a customer buys anything which we define as being a WEEE item (see above) we would accept their old item back, free of charge, on a like for like basis and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. Customers must return their WEEE item to us within 60 days of purchasing their new item. Return postage will be paid by us.
If any customer wishes to return their WEEE item, they should first contact email@example.com to obtain returns information. We will happily guide you through the process.
Under the WEEE Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol shown below:
Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13th August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste so that they can be recycled.