- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
Who we are
We are Christopher Ward London Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with company number 05167936. Our registered office is at 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, SL6 1SL.
When you are using any of Christopher Ward’s websites, Christopher Ward London Limited is the data controller.
In this document “we”, “our” or “us” as well as ‘Christopher Ward’ refers to Christopher Ward London Limited.
We take the protection of your privacy and confidentiality seriously. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. We do not sell your data to third parties.
Our principle guidelines are simple, and we will be clear about the data we collect and why.
This Policy sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
We hope the sections below will answer any questions you have but, if not, please do get in touch with us.
The information we collect about you
We collect information about you in a number of ways:
Directly Provided Data
“Directly provided data” means when you visit our website, register with us, request a magazine or place an order for products or services, you are providing data by filling in text boxes or clicking buttons.
We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback, contact customer services, and participate in competitions.
When you contact us generally, and our customer services team specifically, to register with us, request a magazine or place an order for products and services, or to register a complaint, whether by telephone or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
When you provide feedback and post customer reviews on any of our websites we collect data in order to respond appropriately.
When you give this information to us it requires a direct action from you and, as such, is deemed to be “directly provided data”.
User Authorised Data
“User authorised data” is when you give us permission to obtain your data from other businesses.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services.
For example, if another website jointly runs a competition with us, they will send us a list of the entrants who opted to receive our email newsletter as part of their entry. The information we obtain from such third parties does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies, so you should always regularly check what those are.
However, we will only arrange such joint promotions if it is made clear how the data will be shared with us.
This applies specifically (but not only) where you are asked if you would like to agree to receive/sign up to receive our magazine on the Facebook social media platform; to the giving of Reviews on the Trust Pilot platform; making a booking to visit to our showroom on the Booking Bug platform and applying for Interest Free Credit on the Close Brothers platform. This applies generally when you use any social media platform or forum, including the Christopher Ward Forum.
System Collected Data
“System collected data” is when our systems, or those of companies we engage with, collect information or data as you use our website or other services.
Whenever you use a website, or read email, there is certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the system. For example:
(a) When accessing www.christopherward.co.uk or any of our other websites, we use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our website or any of our other websites, unique to your Christopher Ward account or your browser) to make it easier for you to use the websites, improve your shopping experience with us or so we can log data relating to the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit. These cookies may be “session” cookies (that last until you close your browser) or “persistent” cookies (that last until you or your browser deletes them). Some of the cookies we use are directly associated with your Christopher Ward account (relating to things like the email address you gave us), and other cookies are not. There are more details on our cookie usage below.
(b) In addition, the type of device you’re using to access www.christopherward.co.uk and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
When you visit our premises, for a showroom appointment or generally, you should be aware the building and car park have CCTV in operation for the security of our customers, staff and the business. These systems may record your image during your visit.
How we use information about you
We may use the information held about you to:
- Process your orders and manage your account
- Keep records for the proper administration of our business
- Update and manage our customer and marketing databases
- Ensure that the content of our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device
- If you agree, to email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you
- If you agree, to provide you with a copy of the Christopher Ward magazine, Loupe
- Personalise emails that we send to you, including using your name to address emails and using your purchase history to provide relevant content
- Provide relevant social media content and adverts
- Carry out market research and analysis
- Administer and improve our website, including trouble-shooting, data analysis, testing, and research
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and deliver relevant advertising to you
- Provide performance information so we may be able to manage, review and improve the efficiency of our business, its procedures and processes
- Confirm your identity and help prevent fraud
- Keep our website secure; comply with applicable law; enforce and apply our terms and conditions; protect the rights and property of Christopher Ward London Limited, our customers and others
- To enhance the security of customers, staff and our premises by the use of CCTV cameras at our office/showroom
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
When we will share your information
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- To business partners, suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we enter with you, such as the delivery of an order or processing of a credit card payment
- To business partners, suppliers and subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any contract we have with them, for example we use a third-party suppliers to send marketing emails and mail the Christopher Ward magazine, Loupe
- To business partners, suppliers and subcontractors and other third parties as necessary for the performance of any advertising activities we have with them, for example we use Facebook custom audiences and lookalikes to advertise our products
- To analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, under the protection of a non-disclosure agreement
- If Christopher Ward London Limited, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by the third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- To protect our website from fraud and theft we may pass on personal information that is required to make identity checks and personal information that we obtain from making identity checks (including information relating to your age, name and location), together with account information to organisations, including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction. Please note that these third parties may retain a record of the information that we provide to them for this purpose
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation
- In order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Christopher Ward London Limited, our customers or others
- Insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
If your information enters or is freely available in the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. As a consequence, we accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
How we will not use your data
Christopher Ward will not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes, and will not sell or seek to make financial gain from your information, aside from our own marketing activities.
We do not store or retain your financial information, such as credit card numbers. All website payments are taken by third parties who give us details of you, your order number and status of the payment, but not your credit card numbers. If in the event we receive payment information as a result of a telephone order, we immediately delete any information we receive after processing the order.
Access to/ correction of your data
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you wish us to remove any personally identifiable information from our website e.g which you may have provided by giving us reviews/testimonials, please email or write to us at the address below.
After receiving the request, we shall take reasonable steps to verify your identity. This is important to safeguard your information.
Once this is clarified we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information. Before doing so we shall take reasonable steps to verify your identity.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
- to support a claim or defence in court
How you can stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send to you
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you wish to no longer receive our magazine, Loupe, then please contact our customer services team on the details below
- You can write to Customer Services, Christopher Ward London Limited, 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, SL6 1SL or contact the team at email@example.com or +44 (0) 1628 763040
If you live outside the UK
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us on your behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data, in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods and services you have requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties, whether based in the UK or otherwise.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence, and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
Should you require further information about cookies we suggest you look at www.aboutcookies.org
Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other website.
Facebook custom audience
We use your data to create custom audiences and lookalike audiences on Facebook to advertise our products. When custom audiences are created, Facebook acts as the data processor (we are the data controller) using our CRM data to match it to people in our database to create a Custom Audience for advertising campaigns.
When we set up a custom audience, we instruct Facebook to use Hashed Data uploaded from our database to match against the email addresses used to log in and out of Facebook. Hashed data maps the original string of characters to data of a fixed length. Then an algorithm generates the hashed data, which protects the security of the original text.
It is important to note that “Facebook does not share the Hashed Data with third parties or other advertisers and will delete the Hashed Data promptly after the matching process is complete. Facebook will maintain the confidentiality and security of the Hashed Data and the collection of Facebook User IDs that comprise the Custom Audience(s) created from your Hashed Data (“your Custom Audience(s)”), including by maintaining technical and physical safeguards that are designed to (a) protect the security and integrity of data while it is within Facebook’s systems and (b) guard against the accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure of data within Facebook's systems.” Source: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/customaudience
Age limit for using our website
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 16, you may use our websites only with consent from a parent or guardian.
We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children. Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever and whenever they visit.
How to contact us
Telephone: +44 (0) 1628 763040
Post: The Data Protection Officer, Christopher Ward London Limited, 1 Park Street, Maidenhead, London, SL6 1SL.
Your right to complain
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
What are Cookies?
To order products on the Christopher Ward websites, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don’t wish to enable cookies, you’ll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but you are able to manage these by using the specific instructions for each individual browser (or mobile phone provider, where applicable).
Cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors that can sometimes occur on websites.
They are not computer programs, and cannot read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get user’s e-mail addresses etc. We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. Please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Christopher Ward’s websites, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘key’ that, once you’re signed in, is associated with this information.
However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from any website operated by the Christopher Ward brand, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You should be aware by doing so, there may be instances when certain features of our website may not function as a result.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
- Ad Track, Affiliate: These cookies show us how you found our website and which website you came from. This lets us establish which marketing initiatives are most effective. They also allow us to reward external websites for directing you to us
- Pref: This is to do with safe browsing and is enabled on all browsers by Google to forewarn them of potentially dangerous sites. When you go on to any Google sites it is automatically installed. It does not contain any customer data apart from browsing history
- CookieID: This cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the Christopher Ward websites, e.g. “Add to basket” or general browsing through the website. The website would not work for you if these cookies were not present
- FromAd: We use this cookie to determine if you arrived at www.christopherward.co.uk or any of our other websites by clicking on an advertising link on external websites.
- Beginning with _ut: These cookies enable Christopher Ward to use Google analytics. This software helps us take and analyse visitors to www.christopherward.co.uk such as visitor numbers and how effective our marketing efforts are. All this information helps us improve the website for you. This data is used by Christopher Ward and Google, is never shared and doesn’t contain any confidential information
- bronto_ctrk: This is to enable us to track the performance of our e-mail campaigns from our email serive provider, Bronto. After a customer has clicked through an e-mail link, a cookie is added to their session and then this is recorded in the reporting tools of Bronto’s conversion tracking reporting tools
Christopher Ward Social Share Buttons